To provide flexibility and security to Kitchen Hosts' and Food Makers' businesses, we require both parties to cancel the booking more than 48 hours before the booking start time.
Syzl prohibits hosts from making booking decisions or cancelling reservations based on race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
How this policy works for Food Makers:
- Cancelling more than 48 hours before the booking: Once a Kitchen Host has approved your booking request, you may cancel the booking up to 48 hours before its scheduled start time without penalty. Your card will not be charged. To maintain a community of trust and integrity, please cancel with as much notice and communication as possible to allow the Kitchen Host ample time to re-list the time slot as available.
- Cancelling less than 48 hours before the booking: Cancelling a confirmed booking causes lost revenue for the Kitchen Host and can negatively impact building trust between Makers and Hosts on our platform. Syzl charges the payment card you have saved in your wallet at 48 hours before the scheduled booking. If you cancel after the payment is taken, you will forfeit that payment, and we will remit the booking amount to the Host.
Click here to view the cancellation process for Food Makers.
How this policy works for Kitchen Hosts:
- Cancelling more than 48 hours before the booking: Once you have approved a booking request from a Food Maker, you may cancel the booking up to 48 hours before its scheduled start time without penalty. To maintain a community of trust and integrity, please cancel with as much notice and communication as possible to allow the Food Maker to make alternate arrangements to meet their business' obligations.
- Cancelling less than 48 hours before the booking: Cancelling a confirmed booking requires a lot of support from Syzl and can negatively impact the high service standards of our marketplace. If a Host fails to cancel more than 48 hours before the booking, Syzl reserves the right to impose penalties on the Kitchen Host's account, which may include any or all of the following:
- publishing an automated review on your listing indicating the booking was cancelled outside of our 48-hour cancellation policy,
- suspending or terminating your account,
- withholding future payouts to make up for any losses incurred as a result of the cancellation (losses may include, but are not limited to, the additional costs required to secure a new booking for the Maker whose business operations were impacted by the Host's cancellation).
If you have additional questions or feedback, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're happy to help!